How Much to Tip the Pizza Delivery Guy?
Your pizza delivery driver is giving you a great service. You don't have to go out in the dark or the cold to get a hot pizza right to your door. So, it makes sense to tip your driver. Most drivers are paid on a per-trip payment, but this is usually a small amount, about 75 cents to a dollar. Tips make up the difference.
So how much should you tip? Well, in general you should tip about 10 percent of your total bill. Your tip should be a minimum of $1 or $2. Take into consideration the weather conditions and time of day as well. If you are having a pizza delivered very late at night or in bad weather, it is good to add a dollar or two to your tip.
There are many pizza joints that now offer online ordering. If you haven't ever done it, give it a try. You get to take your time picking through the toppings list, and you can make sure you get exactly the pizza you want. You'll also see all the available sides and drink options.
Getting Deals on Delivery Pizza
Coupons are a great way to save some money when you are ordering pizza. Many pizzerias will even take expired and competitors' coupons. Just ask when you call and explain to them the type of coupon you have. You may be surprised at what they accept. If you don't have a coupon, be sure to ask about any specials they are running. If you are placing a large order for a party or office lunch, be sure to ask if you can get a break for such a large order. Once your order arrives, be sure to check your pizza boxes before tossing them in the trash. Often, pizzerias will attach coupons for a future order on the boxes.
Some Basic, Commonsense Tips When Ordering Pizza:
- Know what you want before you call. Write it down if you have a tendency to forget such things.
- Don't get upset if you are put on hold. It should only be for a moment or two and then you can get on with things.
- If you are ordering for a group, get the whole order before calling. Don't try to hash out everyone's order while you are on the phone.
- Be clear. Try not to confuse your order taker.
- If you are going to use a coupon, say so right away.
- Turn on your porch light immediately after hanging up the phone to allow the driver to more easily find your house. If you do it right away, you won't forget it.
- Gather your money for payment right away. This saves time when your driver comes, preventing him or her from standing around waiting for you to dig up your loose change.
- Always tip your driver.